Registration open for Virtual Fireballs Workshop #1 on Fireball Databases and Machine Learning – June 11-12, 2021
The first of a series of 4 workshops dedicated to fireball observing network will be virtually held on June 11-12, 2021. This event, called Virtual Fireballs Workshop #1 on Fireball Databases and Machine Learning, organized in cooperation with Europlanet Society, will aim at:
- introducing and discussing the different fireballs networks, databases and data formats with a strong focus on its technical aspects;
- discussing and exploring the possibilities of a common data format and/or a common entry point to all data;
- discussing and identifying machine learning science cases for fireball observations.
Second workshop should be held in autumn 2021.
Call for abstracts – Europlanet Science Congress 2021 – September 13-24, 2021
For the second time in its history, the EPSC (Europlanet Science Congress) will be virtual, on September 13-24, 2021, and will be under an “hybrid format of live sessions and asynchronous scientific oral and poster presentations” on various topics such as terrestrial planets, outer planet systems, but also small bodies (comets, KBOs, rings, asteroids, meteorites, dust), etc. It may be of interest for some meteor enthusiasts, especially because it is also open for mateur astronomers.
People interested should send their abstract before May 26, 2021, 13:00 CEST. Here are a few lkinks to help you:
– deadlines & milestones of the conference
– detailed instructions on the abstract submission process
– scientific program and the abstract submission tool.
More information on the EPSC2021 webpage.