The IMO-News mailing list was created to support discussions and fast information exchange in the meteor observer community. The list is open for everybody who is interested in meteor astronomy or wants to share important meteor information with others.
For this mailing list, the IMO uses the free services of Groups.io. The IMO values your personal data and holds them in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You are welcome to review our Data Protection and Privacy Terms.
Once registered and approved by our moderators, you can send your contribution to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe / Unsubscribe
- Click the button below, if you want to subscribe IMO NEWS Email Group
- To unsubscribe, just send a blank email to email@example.com.
Alternatively you can use the web interface to modify your subscription.
Attention! Never send any of these requests to the address of the mailing list!
We encourage everybody to distribute mails via IMO-News with
- Calls for observations,
- Calls for expedition participants,
- Reports of meteor observations and expeditions,
- Results from data analysis and further investigations,
- Reports about unusual events and
- Discussions about open questions in meteor science.
We do not want you to send
- Messages not written in English,
- Word processor files (like MS-Word *.docx), or large images or videos.
- Messages containing attachment files: .exe, .vps, .pif, .scr or .bat.
- Anything that is not related to meteor astronomy,
- Raw observing reports or visual report forms (the latter should be submitted to the Visual Meteor Database (VMDB) instead),
- Messages that you want to join or leave the list or comments on the mailing list as such, and
- Messages bigger than 5 MB.