The IMO-News email group was created to support discussions and the fast information exchange in the meteor observer community. The forum is maintained by the International Meteor Organization but is open for everybody who is interested in meteor astronomy or wants to share important meteor information with others.
The communication language in this forum is English. Your contributions should be plain ASCII texts without special country-specific characters. Do not send word processor files (like MS-Word *.doc), HTML-files or large images.
You can send your contributions to the following address: email@example.com
If you want to subscribe IMO-News, please, send a blank message to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe, mail to email@example.com.
Alternatively you can use the web interface to modify your subscription.
Attention! Never send any of these requests to the address of the mailing list!
We encourage everybody to distribute mails via IMO-News with
- Calls for observations,
- Calls for expedition participants,
- Reports of meteor observations and expeditions,
- Results from data analysis and further investigations,
- Reports about unusual events and
- Discussions about open questions in meteor science.
We do not want you to send
- Anything that is not related to meteor astronomy,
- General questions on meteor astronomy (if you have such questions, please, check our website or use other mailing lists like meteorobs),
- Raw observing reports or visual report forms (send them to the visual commission instead),
- Messages that you want to join or leave the list or comments on the mailing list as such (send these to the list admin), and
- Messages longer than 15 kByte.