- 23rd meeting
- IMC 2004 Website
- Local organizers : Valentin Velkov.
- 73 participants from 17 countries: Belarus (3), Belgium (2), Bulgaria (30), Czech Republic (1), France (1), Germany (3), Japan (3), Macedonia (2), the Netherlands (6), Poland (1), Romania (8), Russia (1), Serbia (2), Slovakia (4), Slovenia (3), Switzerland (1) and U.K. (2).
- 20 presentations all of which were included in the Proceedings.
- IMC 2004 Proceedings (ISBN 978-2-87355-015-8): 115 pages (eds. Mihaela Triglav-Cekada, Javor Kac, Alastair McBeath).
- Contents: Spectroscopy – Perseids – June Bootid and Quadrantid modelling.
- Participation fee 100 Euro.
The good experience with the 1994 IMC in Bulgaria favored another IMC in this country (hosted in an universitary hotel). The excursion brought the participants to Varna Observatory and the Aladzi monastery (placed in a protected natural park). The Saturday evening Astroshow included contributions from eight countries. This was a most enjoyable IMC at the Black Sea with an all-night-long beach party (with much Bulgarian guitar music) where the IMC song was born (as a French initiative).
Acknowledgement : We thank Rainer Arlt and Casper ter Kuile for the photographs of this 2004 IMC.
First row from l.to r. Andreas Buchmann, Ivan Brukhanov, Chris Trayner, Diana Maria Ogescu, Desislava Zhivkova (seated), Mariya Krumova (seated), ?? (seated), Eva Bujorova and Rainer Arlt. Second row: Jos Nijland, Adriana Nicolae, Diana-Larisa Tampu, Hristo Stoev, Vesna Slavkovic, Daniela Cujuc and Ulrich Sperberg. Third row : Malcolm Currie, Cristina Tinta-Vass, Sergey Dubrowski, Zakhar Lapitski, Milena Popova, Galina Gospodinova, Boncho Bonev, Zhelyo Donchev and Roland Winkler. Last rows : Arnold Tukkers, Cis Verbeeck, Liliya Porozhanova, Doychin Donchev, Filip Grozdanov, Konrad Szaruga, Radostin Nikolov, Nikolay Kacharov (hidden), Petar Todorov, Radoslav Enchev, Katya Koleva, Zahari Donchev, Valentin Velkov and Zhelyo Zhelev (credit Casper ter Kuile).