- 29th meeting
- Local organizers: David Asher, Mark Bailey, Tom Barclay, Geert Barentsen, Joachim Bestenlehner, Apostolos Christou, Colin Folsom, Tobias Hinse, John McFarland, Aileen McKee, Terry Moseley, Naslim Neelamkodan, Alison Neve, Miruna Popescu, Kamalam Vanninathan and Shenghua Yu.
- 127 participants from 24 countries: Australia (2), Belgium (10), Bulgaria (2), Croatia (6), Czech Republic (1), France (7), Germany (14), Greece (1), India (2), Ireland (6), Israel (1), Japan (1), Nepal (4), the Netherlands (8), Norway (2), Poland (3), Romania (6), Russia (6), Slovakia (4), Slovenia (2), Spain (7), U.K.(28), U.S.A. (3) and Venezuela (1).
- 58 presentations (45 lectures, 13 posters).
- IMC 2009 Proceedings (ISBN 978-2-87355-..-.): in preparation.
- Contents: Optical observations, Radio observations, Perseids 2010, fireballs and meteor physics.
- IMC-Report in WGN: October 2010 (38:5) (PDF)
- IMC 2010 Program
- IMC 2010 Participants list
- IMC T-shirt: yes
- IMC 2010 logo: yes (see header photo pages)
- Participation fee 155 Euro.
The 29th IMC was the first meeting that was organized on the European continent, but at the western edge of Europe. The travelling distance didn't pose any problem for most regular IMC participants as a record number of people turned up. This IMC could benefit from the excellent organizing experience and worldwide contacts of the Armagh Observatory staff. For many people this was their first IMC ever, the attendence by professional meteor workers resulted in a record number of contributions which were all fit into a remarkable well respected lecture program. The large number of lectures was well balanced with a rich social and cultural program, the Irish music and dance offered during the OASES performance, the taste of Guinness and the songs of the Armagh Rhymers, the visit to the observatory and fascinating encounter with Navan way of life at the Navan Centre left unforgettable memories with all participants. The 14th International Astropoetry entertained the last night of the IMC with a remarkable broad participation. This IMC will remain in many aspects one of the richest happenings in the tradition of the IMC's.
Acknowledgement: We thank Geert Barentsen, Rafael Barrios, Bernd Brinkmann, Malcolm Currie, Jean-Luc Dighaye, Thomas Grau, Valentin Grigore, Trond Erik Hillestad, Anna Kartashova, Vincent Loughran, Adriana Nicolae, Jos Nijland, Miruna Popescu, Paul Roggemans, Hans-Georg schmidt, Casper ter Kuile and Giancarlo Tomezzoli for the photographs of this 2010 IMC.
A selection was made from many hundreds of available photographs to give a good coverage of this IMC. If you have photographs which you consider valuable to complete this gallery, or can help to identify individuals on the photographs, or you notice errors, please contact Paul Roggemans.
High resolution versions can be obtained on request for most of the images in the gallery.