- 27th meeting
- Local organizers: Stanislav Kaniansky, Daniel Ocenáš, Juraj Tóth and Teodor Pintér.
- 93 participants from 19 countries: Belgium (7), Bulgaria (3), China (5), Croatia (2), Czech Republic (4), France (3), Germany (10), Greece (1), Israel (3), Japan (1), Korea (2), Latvia (1), the Netherlands (8), Poland (6), Romania (13), Russia (3), Slovakia (16), Slovenia (4) and U.K.(1).
- 36 presentations (28 lectures, 8 posters).
- IMC 2008 Proceedings (ISBN 978-2-87355-..-.): in preparation.
- Contents: Meteor trajectories and velocities - meteor-stream models - camera networks - radio observations.
- IMC-Report in WGN: October 2008 (36:5) (PDF)
- IMC 2008 Program
- IMC 2008 Participants list
- IMC T-shirt: yes
- IMC 2008 logo :
- Participation fee 150 Euro.
The 27th IMC got a well filled lecture program and the presentations were of exceptional quality and the organizational work done very professionally for every detail. The stay in the winter resort Šachticka, a very comfortable hotel assured a high quality IMC host. The excursion to a mining museum which included a visit underground, and an excellent program in the planetarium will remain in the memory of the participants.
Acknowledgement: We thank Bernd Brinkmann, Bogdan Cristian Calin, François Colas, Valentin Grigore, Stanislav Kaniansky, Leonard Kornos, Adriana Nicolae, Jos Nijland, Jean-Louis Rault, Paul Roggemans, Mihail Robescu, Casper ter Kuile and Xiang Zhan for the photographs of this 2008 IMC.
A selection was made from many hundreds of available photographs to give a good coverage of this IMC. If you have photographs which you consider valuable to complete this gallery, or can help to identify individuals on the photographs, or you notice errors, please contact Paul Roggemans.
High resolution versions can be obtained on request for most of the images in the gallery.