- 14th meeting
- Local organizers: Rainer Arlt, Jürgen Rendtel (AKM).
- 45 participants from 11 countries: Belgium (4), Bulgaria (3), Croatia (1), Germany (16), the Netherlands (4), Romania (1), Serbia (1), Slovakia (5), Slovenia (3), Spain (4) and U.K. (3).
- 20 presentations (17 lectures) all of which were given in the Proceedings.
- IMC 1995 Proceedings (ISBN 978-2-87355-007-3): 133 pages (eds. Paul Roggemans, André Knöfe).
- Contents: Double-station and single-station video observations - meteor physics - Perseids 1988-1995 - minor-shower activity - plotting accuracy - forward scatter theory - great fireballs.
- Participation fee 95 Euro.
The 1995 IMC took place at "Haus an See", a suitable location for IMCs, in
Mötzow near Brandenburg. It attracted fewer participants, but the program was
very interesting and the Proceedings were produced shortly afterwards. At this
IMC, the first IMO website was introduced, and video observing techniques got a
lot of attention. A tour by boat was made on the Havel river and the lakes
through the quiet landscape of Brandenburg, visiting the historic city itself by
river. The Saturday-evening barbecue was followed by a campfire under a starry
sky that kept participants together till late in the night.
Acknowledgement: We thank Casper ter Kuile and Gisela De Smedt for
providing photographs for this overview of the 1995 IMC.
resolution versions can be obtained on request for the images in the