- 11th meeting
- Local organizers: Daniel Ocenas, Peter Zimnikoval (Observatory Banska Bystrica).
- 71 participants from 17 countries: Australia (4), Belgium (2), Bulgaria (5), Canada (2), Czech Republic (9), Germany (18), France (1), Hungary (5), Japan (4), Norway (1), Romania (1), Russia (1), the Netherlands (2), Slovakia (10), Tadjikistan (3), U.K. (1) and Ukraine (2).
- 20 presentations of which 18 were included in the Proceedings.
- IMC 1992 Proceedings (ISBN 978-2-87355-003-5): 93 pages (ed. Daniel Ocenas, Peter Zimnikoval).
- Contents: Analysis of double-station TV meteors - electrophonic meteor catalog - determination of flux densities during meteor storms - double-station TV observations of the Geminids - Quadrantids 1992 - delta-Aurigids and September Perseids.
- Participation fee 75 Euro.
The 1992 IMC was timed to precede the professional conference "Meteoroids", in
order to favor contacts between amateur and professional astronomers. The IMC
got a lot of support from Dr. Jan Stohl who favored amateur-professional co-
operation a lot. The unexpected death of Dr. Stohl only eight months after this
IMC, meant an immense loss for IMO. A large delegation of Japanese meteor
observers came to Smolenice. Several professional astronomers attended the IMC
too, establishing valuable contacts with IMO. For the excursion, the Driny Cave
(an ice cave) and the Modra Observatory were visited. The castle was one of the
most luxurious locations ever used for an IMC, which many participants will
remember for its excellent wine cellar.
Acknowledgement: We thank Casper ter Kuile for providing photographs
and Peter Zimnikoval for the group photo and his comments for this overview of
the 1992 IMC.
Memorial: Dr. Jan Stohl, the promotor of this
conference, passed away suddenly on 21 March 1993.
versions can be obtained on request for the images in the gallery.