- 9th meeting
- Local organizers: Detlef Koschny, Hans-Georg Schmidt, Dieter Heinlein.
- 58 participants from 13 countries: Australia (1), Belgium (7), Bulgaria (1), Croatia (2), Czech Republic (2), Germany (32), France (2), Hungary (3), Russia (1), the Netherlands (2), Slovenia (1), Spain (3) and the U.K. (1).
- 19 presentations (17 lectures, 2 posters) of which 17 were included in the Proceedings.
- IMC 1990 Proceedings (ISBN none): 64 pages (eds. Detlef Koschny, Dieter Heinlein).
- Contents: Physics of meteoroids - zenith attraction - Tunguska Expedition 1990 - telescopic Aquarids - radiants in Per/Aur - fireball sounds - Glanerbrug meteorite - electrostatic meteor observing.
- Participation fee 70 Euro.
This was so far the only IMC that took place at the same location as a previous
meeting, the Bruder-Klaus-Heim in Violau (see 1985). The location also contains
the public observatory of Martin Mayer. From the workshops, participants will
never forget the demonstrations of practical daily life in East Siberia by
Korlevic Korado who had taken part in a Tugunska expedition. The friendly
atmosphere, typical for the IMC tradition, dominated this IMC. For a last time,
the role of IMO in the IMCs was questioned by participants opposed to such
formal organizational structures. At the closing ceremony of the 1990
Conference, the organizers, as well as IMO officials, stressed that meteor
observers are like one family, and that non-IMO members will be always as
welcome as IMO members at future IMCs.
Acknowledgement: We thank Axel Haas and Casper ter Kuile for
providing photographs of the 1990 IMC and Dieter Heinlein for his comments as
High resolution versions can be obtained on request for
the images in the gallery.