As last year, the IMO makes funds available to support attendance at the IMC 2005. To apply for support:
- E-mail your application to the IMO President, Jürgen Rendtel. The IMO cannot be held responsible for applications which are lost or arrive late. The application must be submitted by an IMO member, but may also request support for other meteor workers. The proposal must state that all the candidates are committed to attend the IMC (except for unforeseen circumstances) if the requested support is granted in full.
- Include an IMC registration form for everyone seeking support (unless already sent).
- Include a brief curriculum vitae of everyone seeking support, focusing on aspects relevant to meteor work. Supported participants are expected to present either a talk or a poster at the IMC. (Indicate this on the Registration Form.)
- The application must explain the motivation for attending the IMC and the importance of it to the person or group of persons requesting support.
- Include a budget for travel costs and registration, and the amount of support requested. Other sources of external support, or their absence, must be mentioned. The proposal must indicate to what extent IMO support is essential to attend the IMC.
- The applications should reach the President no later than June 20, 2005. The decision of the IMO Council will be made as soon as possible, probably within two weeks after this deadline. If the support is granted in full, the registration form becomes final. If the requested support is not granted, or only partially granted, the candidates should inform the President within three weeks after notification of the IMO Council's decision if they want to sustain or withdraw their registration. The support granted will be paid in cash at the IMC. Any unpaid registration fees will be deducted from the amount paid to the candidates.
Should the application be turned down, the standard conference fee (i.e., 120 Euro, without the surcharge for a late application) will still apply. We strongly encourage all meteor workers who want to attend the IMC 2005, but who are prevented from doing so by financial considerations, to apply for support.